Wednesday, July 20, 2005

His Junior

2 Corinthians 3:1-6

"You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts." (v. 2-3)


In college, I had a roommate who had a very distinctive laugh. I could hear his laughter down the hall because it was so unique and carried for a distance. As we became good friends, I was later told that I was his junior. They claimed that my laughter has changed to become more like his. As time went on even after college, I had become aware how my laughter would change with those who are closest around me.


It is amazing how we all begin to "imitate" various behaviors of those closest to us. As we do, people take notice of the similarities. Isn't that what makes "best friends"?


Well, this is very true for us as sons and daughters of God. Have we become imitators of Christ, so that the world may see Him through us? Are we not the example of Christ Himself? Have we become His junior?

No comments: