Saturday, September 24, 2005

Our Comforter

Psalm 119:25-88

"I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word.... My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.... May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant. Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight." (v. 25, 28, 77-78)


9-11, Hurricane Katrina, and now Hurricane Rita... such devastations. I cannot imagine how difficult it would've been if I was in the middle of these catastrophes, or if I had lost a loved one to these. How devastating it must've been. All would seem lost leaving very little hope.


Although, immeasurable to these events, most of us reach a point in life where all seems to be lost. Our depression is a catastrophe in the making. Life seems to spin out of control, and little hope may be left. It may be life threatening such as cancer, or simply stresses and depressions in our lives.


Regardless of the storms we go through life, we can find a calm in the storm. There is only one place we can turn to without any fears and can always rely on. There is one person who is always the same yesterday, today, and forevermore. One person whose love for us is unchanging and without any conditions. He will always meet our needs if we turn to Him. He will pick us up when we are down and carry us if necessary. He is our Lord and our Saviour... He is our Father in heaven.


We can find shelter in Him, and will be comforted in our times of difficulties. We just simply need to turn to Him, release ourselves to Him, and let Him take care of us. Let us therefore fix our eyes on Him, and lean on Him.


Be still, My child, and know that I am God!

Wait thou patientlyI know the path you trod
So falter not, nor fear, nor think to run and hide,
For I, thy hope and strength, am waiting by thy side. -Hein

No comments: