Sunday, May 01, 2005

God's Promise

Genesis 8:15-22

"As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease." (v. 22)


"Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day." I remember when I was growing up and also being so excited about attending camp. Our campgrounds were on a mountain in Pennsylvania. Several times, I would climb to the highest point on the campground and look all around us. Other mountain peaks can be seen from here, the forest could be seen, and the valley below with the lush green can be seen. In the fall when the color of the leaves would change, it was absolutely beautiful. I can still remember these images so clearly even to this day. I remember thinking about how beautiful God's handiwork was. It was like a beautiful painting. I imagined that God took his finger and just carefully painted every part of it from one stroke to the next. It is absolutey beautiful!

Our Father's handiwork, His creation, are just absolutely breathtaking. He had also promised us that the earth would never be destroyed again by a flood, and that the seasons of life would never cease. Even a rainbow was given as a sign of His convenant with us.


"And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living crature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." (Genesis 9:12-13)

It is wonderful to know that our Father keeps His promise. Even a sign was given as a reminder. Therefore, let us be reminded of all the promises given to us through His Words (Bible), and let us be faithful to Him.

No comments: