Saturday, May 07, 2005

"Salvation": Life Process

Romans 7:14-25

"So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (v. 21-25a)

Oh how wonderful it is to know that the same God who had sacrifice his Son to give us new life also lives in us to help us live a life pleasing to Him. It is like the spirit in us comes to life as we accept Christ as our personal Savior. Once alive, we begin to recognize the struggles between our old self (our flesh), and with our new self (our spirit). We find it so difficult to the point of feeling as if we are a failure. Sometimes we may wonder if it was better when we were ignorant and lead a sinful life. The problem we face is that we treat salvation as a single event that had occurred. Accepting Christ was not a one time event that took place, but an ongoing (life) process. We cannot simply just accept Him once, but allow Him to live in us, work in us, and work through us in a regular basis. It should come as naturally as we breathe. If we look to Him always, then we find ourselves not struggling through our own strength, but finding victory through His strength. Let us therefore continue to turn to Him always as we once did when we first became His sons and daughters, and find victory through Christ who strengthens us!!!

No comments: