Monday, August 01, 2005

Peace in Life: Two Step Process

Psalm 119:33-48

"Do not snatch the word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws. I will always obey your law, forever and ever. I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts. I will speak of your statutes before kings and will not be put to shame, for I delight in your commands because I love them. I lit up my hands to your commands, which I love, and I meditate on your decrees." (v. 43-48)


As humans we are always seeking to find peace in our lives. We desire a comfortable life with the freedom to do anything without any worries. We want to lead a joyful life with hope for all circumstances. Fortunately for us sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father this is possible. We will always find truth and hope in the Living Words that God has given us. However, the peace and freedom we seek does not come from just reading the Scripture. It comes from having faith and living accordingly. The Word is living because it should be living in us and through us. We cannot simply read the Scripture as a historical book. Prescriptions are provided. If we are to gain the health and benefits it provides, then we must have faith in it and actively partake in it. We are to "walk about in freedom" because we "have sought out His precepts (v. 45)."

No comments: