Friday, December 02, 2005

I Can Only Imagine

Ezekiel 1:1-5, 22-28

"In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell face down, and I heard the voice of one speaking." (v. 1, 28)


It's amazing to see how some teenagers (and adults) can go so wild when they meet their idol whether it be a musician or a movie star. Some would the unthinkable only because they are so star struck. Just to touch them or even be so close would just rattle their emotions; enough in some cases to cause them to faint. Some would do anything if they could take just a small part of them with them.


As sons and daughters of God, we would lift up our hands and/or bow while we worship. We are awed by the grace and love of God. In the NT, the word worship is found 54 times translated from the Greek word "proskunevw". In this word, it is defined as "to fall upon the knees and touch the ground with the forehead as an expression of profound reverence" and/or "kneeling or prostration to do homage."


When watching movies, you will witness how all the people would have their heads lowered and bow before kings and queens to show respect to their leader. Often it is done because it was a required tradition. However, with our King of kings, I believe it would be more like the teenagers who are awe struck. I cannot imagine what it would be to be at the feet of our Lord. Our heavenly Father is always with us, but to fully sense His presence is unimaginable. I believe like Ezekiel who only came close to His likeness of the Lord, I believe I would be prostrated as well in reverence. It would just be absolutely amazing to feel his radiance of love just showering us from His presence. Oh, how wonderful it would be when we meet Him in heaven!!!

No comments: